To Duncan:
FWIW, 12 days isn't so bad.
I didn't say 12 days is bad or something similar. I opened public bug report
after having no reply in 12 days. Did I something wrong?

To Zac:
I'd suggest passing the -p option to revdep-rebuild on the command
line. That's how I always do it. Then you can run it again and it's
supposed to cache the result (if you don't use the -i option).
I know how to pass options on command line. I was asking about changing
default behaviour to respect emerge default options out-of-box. Passing
same options every time is not a good way of doing things, no?

--
Best regards, Spinal