On 11/03/2014 01:42 PM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
> I know the above times are probably slowed by not having overlays indexed,
> but it is still a significant speedup.
> esearch is only marginally slower doing a -S search than a regular pkg-name
> search, typically just over 0.2 seconds
>

> The above was done with only the gentoo repo indexed, plus I need to clean
> out some old ebuilds in overlays.
> But I was shocked to see the normal -s searches going from 3.4s to 5.5s with
> your new index.

If you update now, performance should be much better. Specifically:

1) pkg_desc_index_line_read has been optimized to skip validation
(biggest performance problem).

2) IndexedPortdb has been optimized to use a single portdbapi.cp_all
call that covers all of the unindexed repositories.

> Also I did not see a way to specify all repos to be index updated.  It is I
> believe a requirement of this new system.
> Re-running is for each repo installed individually is something to be
reserved for the new postsync() to do when it
> lands in master.

Yeah, I guess we may as well wait for the plugin-sync branch to get
merged first.
--
Thanks,
Zac