On Sun, 2015-03-08 at 11:58 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
> On 03/08/2015 10:01 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > On Sun, 2015-03-08 at 15:47 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > >
> > > package.use/package.use.force is a bit different though:
> > > cat /etc/portage/package.use/qemu
> > > app-emulation/qemu vde -alsa -pulseaudio -bluetooth -opengl
> > > qemu_user_targets_x86_64 xattr virtfs
> > > static-
> > > user
> > >
> > > #Needed by static-user
> > > sys-libs/zlib static-libs
> > > dev-libs/glib static-libs
> > > sys-apps/attr static-libs
> > >
> > > Moving this to package.use/package.use.force does not respect -alsa,
> > > -pulseaudio, -opengl all
> > > flags which has a - on them, emerge wants to turn them on again.
> > >
> > > Am I missing something?
> > > Using portage 2.2.18
> >
> > Appears one have to use package.use.mask for that.
> >  cat package.use.mask
> >  app-emulation/qemu alsa pulseaudio bluetooth opengl
> > It would be handy if one could use the same syntax as in
> > /etc/portage/package.use/qemu(-alsa -opengl etc.)
> >
> >  Jocke
> >

> Yes, the inverted use.mask logic can be confusing if you are not familiar
> with it. The negative flags have a
> special meaning within the context of of portage's "incremental stacking"
> behavior, so they can still be
> useful, though not in the same way that you you attempted to use them.

So now I got to binary pkgs and profiles, the profile is typically part of
ebuild src tree/overlay
and a system using only binary pkgs does not need ebuild sources. How does one
manage profiles
is this case?
Just sync an empty /usr/portage tree(sans profile) or is the a better way?

 Jocke

PS.
    emerge --depclean refuses to clean a system which is lagging behind, would
it be possible for
    --depclean to go ahead anyway somehow? --dynamic-deps=n comes to mind.