On 11/16/2015 03:07 AM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
> Uh this probably makes sense.
>
> Anyone else know anything about this stuff?

I've just realized that intersection with REQUIRES is flawed, because
REQUIRES automatically excludes all sonames that are in PROVIDES. So, as
is, the patch will prevent LinkageMapELF from accounting for soname
dependencies between files from the same package. The result would be
that a library could get preserved without also preserving other
libraries that said library requires from the same package.

So, I'll have to re-write the patch to use REQUIRES_EXCLUDE and
PROVIDES_EXCLUDE directly.
--
Thanks,
Zac