On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 13:53:02 -0700
Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 11/04/2016 01:43 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 13:19:39 -0700
> > Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >> There are just 4 commits since 2.3.2, and they all look good.
> >> Maybe we should just cut a 2.3.3 release and wait another 30 days
> >> (we also need to stabilize app-crypt/gkeys since it's needed by
> >> emerge-webrsync now).
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to have a really working version of gkeys
> > before it's stabilized? Like one that could be used without having
> > to create custom configuration files and/or run it as root?
>
> Well, gkeys stabilization is not really mandatory, since
> emerge-webrsync has a --insecure option.

Why don't I/we work on whatever changes are needed to merge the
meta-manifest code to both portage and gkeys.  I'll push out another
release.  I also had some initial code that added gkeys use to verify
the pkg Manifest file, but I don't know if that is needed still, the
meta-manifest system will need to run a verify at the end of the sync.

We'll have to poke Robin some more to get some new infra keys setup.

If I have to, maybe I'll create some ansible scripts to run the dev
seeds update on vulture, transfer it to my system to push --sign to
api.g.o or break down and get Kristian to help me get key forwarding
better setup so I can do it from vulture.
--
Brian Dolbec <dolsen>