W dniu nie, 18.02.2018 o godzinie 09∶11 -0800, użytkownik Brian Dolbec
napisał:
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 13:56:46 +0100
> Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > +
> > +   footer_re = re.compile(r'^[\w-]+:')
> > +
> > +   @classmethod
> > +   def verify_commit_message(cls, msg):

> > +          if all(cls.footer_re.match(l) for l in lines if l.strip()):
>

> Why declare the footer_re in the class space?  It is only used in this
> new function.  Then the function could be @staticmethod instead.  I
> don't see the advantage of it this way.
>
> If it is for re-use in other possible check functions, then perhaps it
> would be best to split this out to it's own class/file that can be
> added to easily.  And just run it from the Actions class as M.J.
> Everitt suggested.

I've declared it outside the function to not have to re-compile it every
time the function is run (well, yes, now that I think of it, it won't
happen more than once most of the time...). Used class space to avoid
moving it too far from code.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny