On Mon, 2019-11-04 at 04:15 -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
> I also don't like your tone in your response to Zac merging the patch.
>
> https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage-dev/message/1abfd0499e514b7d6b70b709e9e3ae18
>
> If I say out here that since I'm a council member I'm above you and zac
> should listen to me and apply the patch is that appropriate? I imagine
> not, so I feel the same way about you bringing your qa membership into
> the discussion.
> In my opinion, all that kind of thing leads to is people becoming angry.
>
> I'm going to ask you to close https://bugs.gentoo.org/699254. I honestly
> do not feel that this is an appropriate way to deal with this situation.

Excuse me but are you serious?  So first you choose to claim that
something is not policy because you don't see it stamped.  Then you
demand that QA doesn't vote on stamping it because... why exactly?
Because it's 'not an appropriate way', apparently.

So what's the appropriate way?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny