On 28 Oct 2005, at 17:04, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What should I be using instead of devfs?

udev - I'd expect the newer profiles to use this by default...

The battery on my iMac is stuffed as well. However when the
system is shutdown it syncs the time with the h/ware clock so
it's not too far out when it comes back up again. A swift ntp
sync sorts it out.

OS X on the other hand (at least 10.1.5 which is all I've got on
that machine - dunno about 10.3 as it won't install)... OS X on
the other hand insists on thinking it's 1970 or some such...

(Not too much useful info but...)

Rod