At 03:19 PM 1/31/2003 +0000, you wrote:
Felix Rodriguez wrote:

Hi,

I am having a heck of a time getting KDE 3.1 on Redhat with xft and xrender support and was wondering if this is easier and more stable to do on gentoo. I like Redhat 8.0 for it's stability and was wondering how gentoo fairs in this area. Thanks.
KDE 3.1 is fine on gentoo. Been running perfectly for me. The worst thing that happened was I did get a rogue kwin tooltip (saying "Close") stuck in the middle of the screen for a while until I closed the last window of the application it first came from.

KDE is crippled on Red Hat. If you want KDE, don't use Red Hat. :-)

Do you have anti-aliased fonts and xrender support? Another words do the font look nice? Last time I tried gentoo the fonts looked terrible. But I'm sure it's probably because I missed one of those USE options.

Felix Rodriguez
Programmer Analyst
Phone: 860-685-3984
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]