> I know this question has been asked a million times, but can Java
> applets run under Mozilla in Gentoo?  I have see in my plugins
> directory for mozilla that there is a valid link to a plugin for java,
> but mozilla doesn't list it under "about:plugins" and Java doesn't seem
> to work.

I just noticed that I'm having the same problem. I've got the blackdown
jdk installed on by box and while the symlink is correct, I got mozilla to
complain (when I launched it from a command line) that it couldn't find
some symbols when loading the plugin. Not sure what to do except try
another jdk (like sun's ). I appear to have the latest stable version of
the blackdown jdk...
Ryan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]