->->
->->A --depclean would however, Also --update will take a peak att depB
->->while --deep will follow down to depC and depD.
->->
->->If you add the whole system to world a simple `emerge -u world` would
->->have to examine every single package, and its first line of deps, for
->->updates (I don't know it it optimizes away packages that has already
->->been decided on), which would mean that glibc f.ex. would be examined
->->about 400 times, could get rather slow I imagine...
->->
->->/John
->
->I just tried this command, it says that --depclean is an invalid option.
->
->emerge unmerge -p --depclean kde
->and
->emerge -p --depclean kde
->
->kev
->

nm, just did a search on the gentoo forums, and I see its more along the
lines of

emerge -p depclean

I just did this to get rid of all of the kde dependencies, hopefully all
will go well.

kev