has anyone had any luck with this?  i'm using an ati all-in-wonder radeon and
there doesn't seem to be much support for it in gentoo.  i went to
gatos.sourceforge.net and found a list of stuff that i needed to install and
didn't understand: "drm-kernel, avview, km" etc.  and when i tried to install
it last time, i ended up rebuilding my machine.

are there any tips out there to guide me on my way?  all i want to be able to
do is watch tv and record it (preferably from the command line or something
so i can start it via cron or something).

is this just not possible yet under linux?

--
it's hard not to believe tv
it's speant so much time raising us