On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:52:18PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Thanks, but is there any documentation though?  I first heard of this
> utility on this list and it seems to be part of gentoo, but is a total
> mystery.  e.g. can it do the same things as "perl -MCPAN"? where does it
> create its ebuilds?(I cannot find any of the few modules I installed
> using this) and so on.  Looks like I'll have to spend time sifting the
> source!

Heard about it here too.  Haven't bothered to look through the source.
I've got a feeling it's an unofficial, unsupported, but works well 99%
of the time utility.  I'm sure that it will mature and get better, or be
integrated into portage or something eventually.  As far as -MCPAN I'd
guess it is nothing more than a portage/sandbox interface to just that
:)

Alan

--
Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://arcterex.net