Henti Smith wrote:

Not sure to understand.
To get a hsf modem working is only neccessary to build the hsflinmodem, hsfconfig -a to build kernel modules and hsfconfig -s in local.start to make it visible at boot.

What's you problem?

insert CD, boot, get prompt, need modem drivers to get online. no portage tree
download portage
no internetconnection
modem drivers in online.
chick and egg problem.

Henti

Now I understand. Later is better than nothing.
To my point of view you have no way with standard boot cd rom.
You have to build your own CD and it's absolutely not a simple task.

Sorry, I can't help you but a PCMCIA modem will...

Bye

--
"Software is like sex. It's better when it's free." -Linus Torvalds
"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link." -Charles A. Lindberg

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Libri e CD musicali nuovi con sconti dal 60 all'80%!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=814&d=10-2