Ermanno Poggi wrote:
or compile j2sdk with gcc3!! I've done this and it's work!!
This is what I have done (which works for me) to get sun-java to work:

#1: I have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" in /etc/make.conf for a variety of
reasons.

#2: sun-java doesn't like openmotif, you have to "emerge unmerge
openmotif" if it's installed.

#3: for some reason or other, anything higher than sun-j2sdk-1.4.0-r2
doesn't work right on my machine, so I edited
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask so that it has

dev-java/sun-j2sdk-1.4.0-r2
(which you have to update when I "emerge rsync" as the sync rewrites that
file. This masks any build higher than that one.)

#4: download the Sun files needed and put them where they belong.
Instructions are displayed when you emerge the packages.

#5: "emerge -u sun-j2sdk"; after it builds don't forget to
"emerge openmotif" if necessary or you will have other problems.

#6: enjoy the goodness of sun-java.

NOTE: see #3 when you emerge rsync BEFORE you emerge -u world.