Hello,

I have an Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 system with turtle beach santa cruz sound
card with alsa drivers and I'm not getting any bass only surround sound.
It's driving me crazy.  I've split the channels using kmix and find I only
get bass if I make the two volume channels of different levels I lose bass
but if they are of different levels I get bass and high volume on one side
(left or right) depending on which side I increase.

Is this a limitation of alsa drivers for this card?  Or is there a way to
add another channel for bass?

What card could I get that has drivers supporting full 5.1 sound?  Your
suggestions would be much appreciated.  It's about the only thing wrong
with my gentoo system at the moment.

Many thanks.
Dhruba Bandopadhyay.