Hello all,

I finally got KDE working (sort of) and it even displays truetype fonts.
When I try to configure it from the control panel I keep getting the nice
friendly message "Kwin crashed and caused the signal 11, etc". This
seems to happen when I try to change the preferences regarding
anti-aliasing and sub-pixel sampling (for a LCD monitor). So the point is
how is
one supposed to configure whatever?  I don't find anything of interest at
the KDE site (the same goes for GNOME, BTW.) If the control panel is
broken, is there a way to configure from the command line? And, more to
the point, is the relevant information available to the end user (as
opposed to buried somewhere)?

Cheers.

--
Jorge Almeida