On February 14, 2003 04:26 pm, Oliver Andrich wrote:
> I have configured my make.conf file to exclude anything gnome, cause I am
> using KDE and only want to use KDE. But an emerge -up --deep world still is
> trying or at least shows that it wants to install gnome-libs and Orbit. No
> need for it in my eyes. Do I have to configure something more then "-gnome"
> in the USE flag in make.conf to get rid of it?

putting "-gnome" in your USE flags only prevents gnome stuff from being
installed if they're *optional*.  if you install something like "evolution"
however which *requires* gnome libs, then they're gettin' installed.  the
only way to be sure that you don't have ANY gnome stuff on your machine is to
not emege any programs that are dependent on the libs (ie. evolution, galleon
etc.)

--
years ago i recognized my kinship with all living things, and i made up my
mind that i was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. i said then