I'm bootstraping stage 1 on a PIII that I had to boot with Knoppix.  I keep
seeing the message

/usr/sbin/ebuild.sh: cd: /home/xxxx : No such file or directory

where xxxx is the system nodename.

The bootstrap keeps going but I'm wondering what is going on with this?  The
directory home exists under the chrooted /mnt/gentoo and does NOT have xxxx
but the system's real root has it.  I built Gentoo on another system but I
was able to use the Gentoo LiveCD on it.  I don't remember seeing the
messages but then I wasn't looking - I just let it run and came back when it
was done.

--

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><