On Wednesday 19 February 2003 15:56, Bruno Lustosa wrote:
> * Henti Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [19-02-2003 10:25]:
> > > I have checked and verified correct ownership of /bin/su, and made sure
> > > the permission is set correctly. I found this info here.
> > > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=23378&highlight=authentication
> > >+error Root can su to normal users, but the error I recieve with all of
> > > my normal users is: su: authentication failure

I had a /et/passwd entry without any shell set, and had no problem with
su.
Are you sure that you are using the right password :-/. I tried to su, and
slipped one letter and then I got the "su: autentication failure" too.

If it was a problem with the wheel group thing, you would have got a "su:
permission denied" error.
So my bet is that there is something wrong with what you type in as the
password, either another keymap, or a letter thats wrong.

--
Sigurd Stordal
President of GOGS