From the Postfix config file in /etc/postfix/main.cf:

# SENDING MAIL
#
# The myorigin parameter specifies the domain that locally-posted
# mail appears to come from. The default is to append $myhostname,
# which is fine for small sites.  If you run a domain with multiple
# machines, you should (1) change this to $mydomain and (2) set up
# a domain-wide alias database that aliases each user to
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]
#
#myorigin = $myhostname
myorigin = $mydomain

So, you need to set the vars mydomain and myorigin appropriately.

Dave

Jose Romildo Malaquias wrote:
Hello.

My Linux box is connected to the internet by a
cable modem. I receive email through my ISP,
which provides the email address

	[EMAIL PROTECTED]

to me. My hostname is gentoo.darling.org, but
it is not a valid name (not seen outside of
my local network).

I want the messages I sent from my box using
the email address

	[EMAIL PROTECTED]

seen as if it came from

	[EMAIL PROTECTED]

How should postfix be configured to achieve
that?

Regards,

Romildo