Hi;

I posted this same problem a few days ago, so I hope I am not
annoying anyone :o)

I am trying to get printing working on my gentoo system. I have
had good luck using apsfilter in the past, so I am going that
way. When it gets to the point of trying to print the test page,
I get an error -- from ghostscript, it appears to me....

I found another message that seems to point that this error is
caused by missing parallel and printer support in my kernel:

unable to set key=OutputFile, value=/tmp/apsfilter809/test_page.aps
unable to set key=Quality, value=0
unable to set key=ColorMode, value=2
unable to set key=MediaType, value=0
unable to set key=PenSet, value=2
and continues inifintely.......

Any ideas what could be the problem, and the solution?

Solved the problem. There was no parallell port or printer support in
kernel. A new compilation of kernel solved it.

So, I am trying to implement a matching fix for myself. I looked through the menuconfig screens and found and activated everything I could find relating to parallel and printer... and then I grep -i'd through the resulting .config file for para and print and everything that related was =YES, but still I cannot print.

How can I tell if the parallel and printer support IS in the
resulting kernel?

Is this gs problem really caused by missing parallel and printer
support in the kernel?

How else should I go about printing? I tried the "printing"
section of the gentoo users guide, but the section on printing
to a shared windows printer is ... not as nice as the rest of
the manual ;o)

Any guidance appreciated.