Howdy all,
        I recently switched from Gnome to Fluxbox and I'm loving it.  However,
I'm still painfully addicted to evolution, gnome-terminal and galeon, so
I find myself running these in Fluxbox.  The problem is, whenever I
start a gnome app I get CORBA errors.  However, if I kill gconfd-1 then
I'm fine.
        The errors look like this:
There was an error loading config from /apps/gnome-terminal/global.
(Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0)
There was an error loading config from /apps/gnome-terminal/keybindings.
(Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0)
There was an error loading config from
/apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default. (Configuration server couldn't be
contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0)

I'm not sure what's starting gconfd-1, but I obviously don't need (since
the apps seem to run fine after I kill it).  Can someone clue me in to
what is starting this... and why?

Thanks much,

--
Shane Hickey : Network/System Consultant
GPG KeyID: 777CBF3F