Well it's official now vmware 3.2 does not work with glibc 2.3.2_pre1,
Official at least as far as I'm concerned. :) I went back to 2.3.1 and all is
well.

I'm not sure about your prob Norberto. I'm using win2k and can keep it open
and running for days (and have) without any problems on glibc 2.3.1. You
could try the vmware v4.0 beta that's posted on vmware's website I suppose.

Robert