On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 23:51, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> Arturo di Gioia wrote:
> > Mail: as for the mail content, I think you can just copy the files.
> > Mozilla should recognize them as folders.
>
> This doesn't work. When I start up Mail & News, it wants me to create a
> new account. I think the settings are kept in the prefs.js.

What I meant is, create the new account and then move the content of
~/.mozilla/$user/random_numbers/Mail/account_name/ from your previous
box to your Gentoo box. Expecially. The important files are the couples
(Filename,Filename.msf), they actually contain your mail. I don't use
Mozilla as a mail reader, so I don't know if filters and other
personalizations are placed here.

I created a fake mozilla account on my box.
My account mail is in dir

/home/arturo/.mozilla/arturo/8oy4pec9.slt/Mail/mail.ing.unitn.it

and the files created by Mozilla are in files named

Drafts  Inbox  Inbox.msf  Sent  Templates  Trash  popstate.dat
rules.dat

probably you could overwrite these files with your own (be careful of
setting correct user:group and permissions when migrating).

I don't think personal settings are in prefs.js. Even if it is the case,
the only important files are the plain text files that contain your
mail, and I'm pretty sure that you can copy those files from one account
to another without problems (I personally did it with Kmail and
Evolution on Linux, and with Mozillamail on Windows).

--
Arturo di Gioia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>