Hi,

        I like the net-setup tool and I think it would be useful to have it on my
system, not just on the liveCD...

        Why? I am shipping a server to a datacenter. They will have to make network
configuration when they will receive it. They probably never heard of gentoo
and I want things to be as easy for them to configure the network..  Even
though the tool does not saves the configuration, I will be able to remotely
log in and do it myself.

        I checked the liveCD's content but only found a liveCD.cloop file.. Guess
this is the actual filesystem of the liveCD but how can I open it? Is there
an easier way to get the net-setup script?

        May be it would be nice to have these utilities in a package, gentoolkit may
be?

Thank you,

Cedric