I have metalog running but logs from the following apps dont seems to be
rotating correctly.

qmail (qmail-send and qmail-smtpd)
samba
wtmp

  I know that samba is just writing directly to /var/log/samba so I might
need to use logrotate to handle it but I dont understand why qmail or
wtmp are not rotating.  Is there some changes to metalog.conf I need to
make?  Is there something I am just doing wrong?

  Lots of people seem to talk highly of metalog but I find it frustrating.
 There doesnt even seem to be any log analyzers available for it.  Am I
missing something in general or should I just go back to syslog?

Mike