From: Amiel Martin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 17:07
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [gentoo-user] make.conf CFLAGS

hi,
I have a few questions about setting compiler flags in make.conf.

1. what will happen if I get the wrong flags? will the binary just not
run? or will it run will possibly undetectible errors? or will little
bsd daemons start setting fire to my computer?

2. what flags would you recommend for a 1.2 Duron? I heard that duron is

basically an athlon tbird with less cache.
I was thinking of using these.

CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon-tbird -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon-tbird -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"

Thanks much,

Amiel