On Monday 03 March 2003 1:04 am, Douglas Peter Sculley wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:06:43AM -0700, Mike Diehl wrote:
> > The rub is that I need it to get it's address via dhcp because I'm
> > going to install the hard drive in my dad's machine for use w/ his
> > cable modem.

> Your going to end up makeing slight changes for the new environment for
> your dad's computer anyways, I suggest configure it by hand for the
> install. Your only talking about a simple change latter on in the
> install to /etc/conf.d/net (uncomment iface_eth0="dhcp") why sweat it
> now? If your it realy bothers you (it might me as well) try dhcpcd with
> -B for broadcast ? or possibly a longer timeout with -t <length in
> seconds> ?

When I install this drive, I don't want to have to futs with it too much.
I've got a similar motherboard so I shouldn't have to.  I've configured the
nic manually for the install, as you said.  But I HAVE to fix this before I
can deliver the drive.  I also tried the -B option.  The -t shouldn't be
needed, but I'll try it.  It worked before without any special concern.

Thanx,

Mike Diehl.