Yup, I saw this. I did a -ncurses in the USE variable and it worked. Finding that solution was due to a mistake. I had filed a bug and gotten a reply that I thought said but --ncurses in USE so I did and it worked. That wasn't what the person meant. However, the bug was closed but I never got a response as to what was done to fix it. I even emailed the bug maintainer.

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:57:00 -0800