On Thursday 06 March 2003 11:12 pm, Norberto Bensa wrote:

> I've upgraded to X 4.3 (from 4.2.1) and now my keyboard has changed its
> layout. I use Latin American layout, most of the keys work, but @ and euro
> don't.

>               Option  "XkbLayout"     "la"

If you want developers to stop changing things, then sadly I cant help. If you
want the layout back the way it used to be.....

The file that defines the "la" keyboard layout in X is /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/la
The format is readable, so you might want to look at what has changed between
the two versions and hack it yourself.

I am typing this using my customised layout that combines the dvorak letter
positions with British qwerty punctuation layout.