> But if I remove PCMCIA support, reboot (it doesn really
> matter, but still..),
> and build pcmcia-cs I get the pcmcia drivers but not the
> socket driver
> (yenta_socket) and can't load any of the pcmcia-cs drivers.
> I have checked
> that there is only a yenta.h header file in pcmcia-cs source files.

I see your point.

Did you check the documentation that comes with pcmcia-cs if you can
use another device driver for the PCMCIA card you have?  I believe
that was the case for my wireless card: the kernel module that has
support (sort of) for my card has a different name than the (ok)
pcmcia-cs driver.

Gwendolyn.