On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 07:39, Louis C. Candell wrote:
> > > checking for jpeg_read_header in -ljpeg... no
> > > configure: error: libjpeg not found!
> > >
> > > !!! ERROR: dev-php/mod_php-4.3.1 failed.
> > > !!! Function src_compile, Line 217, Exitcode 1
> > > !!! bad ./configure
>
> Use the following USE flag in /etc/make.conf :
>
>         -jpeg
>
> That should work.

I'd be inclined to look at the config.log, especially as I have php
installed with jpeg enable, to actually find the error.
In my experience many 'libblah not found!' are attributed to broken
installs (i.e. a dependancy got removed), and usually fixed by
re-emerging the affected lib.

(I couldn't read the TOC of DVDs' from dvdrip, it kept popping up a box
and telling me to put a DVD in the drive. I found where the error was
generated in the source, and the failing command (tcprobe) which
triggered it. Running the command manually showed a missing lib
(libdvdread), re-emerged transcode, and I carried on and divx'd the DVD)

--
Mike Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>