Hey Richard,

make sure that /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 actually exists, and is a link to your
correct cdrom device.

Here's mine:

/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 -> /dev/ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/cd

bus0 would be primary and bus1 would be the secondary.  In this case, my cdrom
is hdc.

If that looks right, try supplying some output to your mount command.   Use a
'-v' switch for verbose mode.

if the mount doesn't work, try using the "normal" devices to mount.

PM = hda
PS = hdb
SM = hdc
SS = hdd