On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 10:07:48PM +0000, MAL wrote:
> Mike Erickson wrote:
> >* MAL ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> >>Hey people,
> >>
> >>Since starting to use Gentoo, (pre-1.1), I have randomly had fonts in
> >>Mozilla come out... er.. squished :)
> >
> >[...]
> >
> >Try increasing the font resolution in the Options or reordering the
> >FontPath directives in your XF86Config.
>
> Why would reordering the font directives help?  What am I trying to achieve?

I've had cases where I've had duplicate 'Sans' fonts, with one being
messed up somehow, and re-ordering or modifying the font directives in
XF86Config got around this by having the directory with the good font
first, it was used first.

Another place to look is in the truetype declarations in
/usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/profile/unix.js (or wherever it is).

alan

--
Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://arcterex.net