Hello list,

I'm having difficulty making sense of the following exchange between my computer and I:

--------------------
localhost root # emerge rsync

<snip />

>>> Updating Portage cache...  ...done!

 * An update to portage is available. It is _highly_ recommended
 * that you update portage now, before any other packages are updated.
 * Please do so and then update ALL of your configuration files.

localhost root # emerge -up system

Calculating system dependencies ...done!

localhost root # emerge -up world

Calculating world dependencies ...done!

localhost root #

Shouldn't "emerge -up system" be offering me a new version of portage?  Here's what's
installed:

*  sys-apps/portage
      Latest version available: 2.0.47-r8
      Latest version installed: 2.0.47-r8