> Is there any way to get support for windows media player 9 in linux.  I
> ask because I have a new baby cousin and there is a video that was
> encoded with the WMP-9 codec.  I would really like to see the video, but
> so far it's a no go.  BTW if you guys want to see the video of my baby
> cousin (and can use WMP-9) check out the link at my website
> http://www.bzsparks.com/

As Greg already mentioned, just emerge mplayer.  If you want Windows
Media Player proper, the best that's available is the commercial
CrossOver Plugin, which officially supports Windows Media Player 6.4.
You might get a newer version to work with wine or winex, but I wouldn't
bank on it.  Mplayer will definitely suit your needs.

--

Alec Berryman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>