Hello All:
  I'm a brand new Gentoo user (6 days). I've recently completed a build
up to KDE3.1 with minor errors. Gentoo is impressive enough that I would
like to try it on an identical machine, but the build time is a problem.
A few questions:

1) How do I recover from a failed build without emerge starting again
from the tarball extraction? In this case, kdeaddons takes 2 hours to
get to the failure.

2) How do I package a build to install on another gentoo machine?

3) Is there a built-in mechanism to script the installation? I don't
mind having the machine run for hours at a time; it's the constant need
to check on it then start the next emerge that's aggravating.

Thanks for any info, pointers and URLs.

Kwan