Hello Gentoo-users!

I thought about switching to the Gentoo-distribution
instead of my Debian system, so I downloaded and
burned the latest liveCD iso, the 3stages one.

However, when I boot from the cd, the kernel doesn't
start its initialization, ie. I never get the
"Linux version x.x.x. ([EMAIL PROTECTED])....", all
output I get is
"Decompressing kernel.. Ok, now booting the system".
Then the system hangs.
This is with noapic / apic=off passed as boot argument
to the kernel, otherwise it just restarts.

I've searched through the forums.gentoo.org and found
some similar problems, though no thread included a
solution for it.

The computer I'm trying to install on is a Acer TravelMate
351TE laptop. I've never had this problem before with other
dists/kernels. Since I don't have another computer to test
the CD on, I don't know if it's related to the CD or the
computer, but since other people have had the same
problem, my guess is that it is has something to do with
the cd-kernel configuration.

Any ideas what might solve the problem? Perhaps one of the
older iso-images will work, but what differences are there?

Tia,

Torsten