On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:41:29 -0800
"Ralph F. De Witt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HI:
> I have tried for the last three days to get setiathome running as user
> with either ksetiwatch or tkseti with out luck and it is driving me up
> a wall. No matter were I place the executicabel setiathome and no
> matter who is the user and group, I get the same respounce Permission
> denied. Permission on the executible are read/execute for
> user,group,others. Can someone please help. Right know there unmerged.
>
> Ralph

I have mine running in /home/<userid>/setiathome however gentoo puts it
in /opt and you'll have to adjust the start/stop paths to reflect that.
I'm using the seti plugin for gkrellm to control seti.  Based on what I
have in there:

Set path to sah:
/home/<userid>/setiathome/

Path to seti client:
/home/<userid>/setiathome/./

Arguments to the client:
-nice 19 -email > /dev/null 2> /dev/null

now what you'll have to do if your "emerge seti" is change the path to
the seti client to the /opt directory it gets put in.  Create a
setiathome directory in your home directory so sah files, etc can be
dumped there.  And the rest should work.  I've not personally tried it
with seti in /opt as I have my setiathome dir from my prior linux distro
install.  However you will likely need the "./" <shrug> at least mine
seems to and yes where seti is is in my path.  Goodluck.  Oh and btw I
did try tkseti with my seti client in my home dir and it did work.  You
can download and put the seti client in your home dir using the fetch
only emerge command.  Seti files are binaries.

--

Susie
VE7 HFA