On Friday 21 March 2003 18:16, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have fontconfig-2.1-r1 and xft-2.0.1-r1. I checked out Bug #13472 at
> bugs.gentoo.org to get some insight and following some advice I tried
> remerging fontconfig and now my fixed fonts have turned into squares. I
> have xfree-4.2.0-r12. Do you think emerging the latest xfree would help?

Make sure your font permissions are good. And try to run fc-cache -f -v  as
root and see that the fonts are picked up by fontconfig. I actually had a
problem with fonts being unreadable by normal users. It took me a very long
time to figure that one out. It's easilly fixed though, so you should check
it.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze