Steely, Kevin (CCI-Atlanta) wrote:
Hey guys, I have somewhat of a newbie question I guess. I just installed gentoo this week and I really like it so far but I've come across a problem that I can't seem to figure out.

When I mount a cd, the filenames are showing up in 8.3 format. From what I can understand from the man pages, the rock ridge extensions are turned on by default and you have to use "-o norock" to turn them off. I have iso9660 and ms joilet enabled in the kernel. What am I missing here?

Just as an example....

(mac)battlenethelp.html -- as shown in windows
(mac)bn1.htm  -- as shown when mounted in gentoo

Are you sure those aren't just 2 separate files? That doesn't look at all like 8.3ification (to coin a term). In Windows, battlenethelp.html would become battle~1.htm in 8.3 format.

--
Andrew Gaffney