Hi,

I'm installing Gentoo and am running into problems at the emerege system step.

Following the Installation Instructions, in step 13 'Starting from stage 2' I type
$ emerge system

It runns for a while, then fails with

checking whether we are using a GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for GCC option to accept ANSI C... not needed
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNI C++ Compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking that C++ Compile can compile a simple program... no
configure: error: a working C++ Compiler is required
!!! ERROR: sys-apps/groff -1.18.1-r1 failed
!!! Function src_compiler, line4 7, xitcode 1
!!! ( no error message )

I'm using a newly downloaded liveCD, v1.4 on a Compaq evo P4.

Any Ideas at what I should be looking at to fix this ?

SD

--
Simon Dobner
Oracle Database Administrator