Sorry for the long and frustratedly inarticulate mail. I debugged the
problem..... It turned out to be in the new verion of gawk which was not
executing rc script properly.
I downgraded and now xserver is starting
I still get this error though.
Can anybody give any suggestion for removing this error? Its occuring
for all init.d scripts
Thanx a lot.
Spundun
root # /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart
cp: cannot stat `/var/lib/init.d/started/*': No such file or directory
ln: creating symbolic link `/var/lib/init.d/started/pcmcia' to
`/etc/init.d/pcmcia': No such file or directory
message=lnxreq_ifstate
  ifstate=disable
  resultcode=success
modprobe: Can't locate module ds
 * Starting pcmcia...
 * cardmgr failed to start.  Make sure that you have PCMCIA
 * modules built or support compiled into the
kernel                      [ !! ]