Segmentation faults are usually hardware - memory , motherboard, cpu.

Try doing it again.

If that doesn't work then logout, come back in and do only the compile.

If that doesn't work either then reboot, login and do the compile.

If you're using KDE or something like that go to a non GUI level and run the
compile from there.

I have the same problem on my system.  I ended up taking out 3 of the four
memory modules (all are good and have been tested) because the motherboard
evidently chokes with all four modules.  As soon as I get some money I'm
replacing it.

--

Brett I. Holcomb
AKA Grunt <><