On Saturday 29 March 2003 07:27, Abhishek Amit wrote:
> > PS: I am not using sudo. perhaps I should but there is only me at the pc
> > doing administrative tasks and root needs the
> > standard-environment-variables not the ones of a user...
> I still use sudo. You'r proble may be fixed by putting source
> /etc/profile in .bashrc, which is what I do. I find it convinient

What with variables the user is setting but root needs them not set? Currently
I am using [EMAIL PROTECTED] to get root from my k(!)onsole. It works great...
And by this way the variables WANT_AUTOMAKE_* and co which the user has set
are not set with root's.

Arnold

to all your contacts.
After a month or so log in as root and do a rm / -rf. Or ask your
administrator to do so...