On Saturday 29 March 2003 12:46 pm, Renat Golubchyk wrote:
> Hi!
>
> TG> On Saturday 29 March 2003 12:07 pm, Doug Gorley wrote:
> >> Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this as well?
> >>
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] portage $ sudo emerge rsync
> >> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
> >>
> >> Calculating world dependencies /
> >> aux_get(): (3) Error in sys-libs/cracklib-2.7-r6 ebuild.
> >>                Check for syntax error or corruption in the ebuild.
> >> (--debug)
>
> TG> Yup. However, if I issue the command as root I don't get the errors.
> I'm TG> guessing a permission is set wrong somewhere.
> You have to be root or in the "portage" group. Then you won't get the
> message anymore. Try, for example, to run it with sudo like the first
> command.

Just curious, if this were the case would it not happen for all ebuilds
displayed from the emerge -up world? That does not happen for me. Only some
of the files display errors. Also, I have been using the same alias "upworld"
for months without it displaying this behaviour, so I'm wondering if
something has changed, or if something is broken.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant