On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 19:18, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> I notice in the newsletter that Gentoo will move to the RPM format due to the
> idiots at LSB.  That raises some questions.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] alec $ date
Mon Mar 31 19:17:43 CST 2003

http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.3.0/gLSB/gLSB/swinstall.html#FTN.PKG-2

"The distribution itself may use a different packaging format for its
own packages, and of course it may use any available mechanism for
installing the LSB-conformant packages."

So in this sense Gentoo is already LSB compliant in terms of RPMs if rpm
is installed.

--

Alec Berryman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key DFB366F2