Dear all,

I am quite happy to post in this ML for the first time, I have been reading this ML before deciding to migrate to gentoo and really appreciate it.

Ok what's my problem : I have made all the installation steps from the beginning on my laptop ( acer travelmate 427 ) and tried to reboot after this.

I have chosen to start from stage 2, emerged sync, emerged system, emerged kernel sources and made-menuconfigured it, went trough the steps of this beautiful doc but on the reboot there is no 'mount' and no 'passwd' ( maybe others I haven't checked ) .

What could this be ? A bad configuration on the menu-config ? Did I miss an installation step ?

thanks for your answers,

Stanislas.