I don't see the difference here.  On the open bsd system, it appears that  the /sbin
directories are already in your path, so it isn't an issue.

With sudo the way it is, you have to type the full path to any command in the
/sbin directories you want to run, but you don't have to with su (even su without the
"-").  For example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] kc5eiv $ sudo lsmod
sudo: lsmod: command not found
[EMAIL PROTECTED] kc5eiv $ sudo /sbin/lsmod
[EMAIL PROTECTED] kc5eiv $ su -c lsmod
Password:

So why should I have to know the path to the lsmod command to use sudo when I don't
for su -c?

William